Still life Challenge - Part 2 - loose watercolor painting!

The very first approach, this time I'm painting wet in wet. No drawing, just a light layer of color to mark the volumes and shapes.
What I adore most in this photo, is the blue shadow of the jar of water!


Usually I would have painted the light green tomatoe first, but since I had started with deepening the reds, I was obliged to let the greens wait a while, not to mix up everything. Since I couldn't keep my hands away, I went along with the browns of the jug meanwhile.


Here you can see the proceeding of the green color and the table. The background is still very light.
The result is fresh and loose and I left it aside to dry.



In fact, I wanted to paint a third one - THE painting, but because of my time restrictions painting was postponed ...


But, once this painting was dry, I went back on it with the finishing shadows and more details. I also painted the background darker, to make the objects stand out more.
I did enjoy the whole painting session a lot, especially sketching in a loose way!
You can click on the link of Paint and Draw Together to see the source photo and more paintings of the same subject, as I mentioned in my previous post.



No comments:

Post a Comment